A trial of the Blue Jeans conferencing system is underway at UBC.
Blue Jeans allows multipoint conferences that can include participants using different protocols and devices. Currently, participants can use the following:
- Video conferencing systems and software, including those using H.323
- Web browser
- Mobile app (for Apple and Android devices)
For more information, please contact the UBC IT AV Help Desk (email@example.com or 604.822.7956). At least one day’s advance notice is required.
Detailed instructions will be sent based on users’ individual needs, but basic information is provided below:
You can connect via the following methods:
Video Conferencing Systems and Software
- Connect to the designated IP Address using the conference ID provided.
Web browser – on a computer
- In a web browser, go to https://bluejeans.com/123456/browser (where 123456 is the conference ID).
- Enter a screen name and email address when prompted, then download and install a small plugin. Blue Jeans will not bloat your computer with software or send you spam messages.
- From any cellular or landline telephone, dial the appropriate phone number to connect to the Blue Jeans Network. Phone numbers vary based on your location, and there is a toll-free option when calling from Canada or the U.S. – details available at bluejeans.com/numbers .
- Enter the conference ID for your meeting when prompted.
Mobile app – on an Apple or Android tablet or smart phone
- Download and install the Blue Jeans app on your device. This is available from the Apple Store or Google Play – details at bluejeans.com/downloads .
- Start the app and enter the conference ID for your meeting when prompted.